Worthy Jr. already posted about this on the family blog so I decided to add pictures. A couple of weeks ago I was asked to be the set driver for the San Juan Theatre Team for their State Drama competition in Nephi. I had a great time. I drove up early Friday morning and got home late Saturday night. This is the School District Suburban and trailer I used to haul the set and props.
This is Michael Hawkins, Morgan's friend, a member of the set crew.
Morgan and some of her theatre friends awaiting the one act play.
Morgan and her partner Elijah Palmer waiting to perform their scene from a play "Arm and the man" by George Bernard Shaw. Morgan's character is a maid who is being pursued by her mistresses fiancee. I got to watch them perform their scene in three rounds and they did a great job every time. It was very entertaining. They earned medals for getting a superior rating (the top rating given at state) for their scene and they are both only freshman.
Michael and his partner before their round.
Morgan and Elijah with their medals.
Kelly Davis from San Juan was awarded the "Best Actress" for the state 2A competition.
The whole group. Julie Benedict the Drama Teacher is in the grey sweater on the right.
One of the students wanted me to take her picture under the wheel of the bus while she still had her make up on.
When I stopped in Spanish Fork to get gas on the way home I decided to check the lights on the trailer and discovered that they were not hooked up. It was about 6 pm so it was too late for me to find fittings at a part store so I was nervous about driving home with out lights. I figured I could make it to Green River about dark and debated about staying there for the night. I stopped in Price at the KFC and thought about getting something to eat but after waitning in line I changed my mind and decided to get on the road. South of Crescent Junction and north of the Moab airport a vehicle over took me and I tried to make sure he could see me by flashing my lights and pumping my breaks. (I know how disconcerting it can be to come up on a vehicle pulling a trailer with no tail lights. I was nervous about safety and about getting a ticket but I felt that I needed to get home.) After the car passed me I thought it was going to turn off at the airport so I passed it and then it started to tailgate me. I soon realized that it was following me to help me be visible to other drivers. When I got to Moab I stopped to thank them and discovered it was Steve Olson who is in charge of the School District Bus Shed. When he passed me he realized I was driving a district vehicle and so he helped me get back to Blanding safely. I am so grateful for the tender mercies of the Lord and for the way that God answers our prayers and watches over His children. I am so grateful for all my blessings especially my family. Thanks Morgan for letting me hang with you and your friends. I hope you had as much fun as I did.
4 comments:
Ah, the memories...
Looks like fun! I'm glad you made it home safely and that you had help from a friend and Heavenly Father. Love you Dad!
I have decided that if your name is Worthy Glover, you are destined to be forever young, a kid-at-heart, and willing to try almost anything. Aren't we lucky to have these guys, Kim?
Sounds like you had a fabulous time. What a wonderful way to create memories with Morgan. I am sure she will remember the trip for years to come!
Yes, yes, yes...so lucky. Thanks Grandpa Worthy!!!!! These pictures are priceless and so are you.
Post a Comment